Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"REBIRTH"

my first art-fusion.

The process:

I started out with the first painting I created after our relocation to California, in May, 2014. That's why it's called "REBIRTH".  For me, returning to California was like a rebirth - in many ways.  A new life, a new beginning, seeing California with a fresh pair of eyes, discovering it again with different feelings and more appreciation for things I had almost forgotten. 





So when the painting was done, I stored it away because it became too intense for me. Several months later, I pulled it out again and looked at it with "new" eyes, from a greater distance. Listening to the sound you hear when you watch the video, I took photographs with my camera with a macro lens, hovering over the actual painting. Then I selected the ones I felt connected to the strongest, and with those I created the following video. The photographs are morphing into each other as our feelings do. Our thoughts, emotions, even our life is morphing every minute, while you read this. It is communication in between all our senses, our environment, and our thoughts - alive and perpetually changing.
The blurriness created by the movement of the camera, is a metaphor for the speed of our lives and the resulting haziness.

Art is something very personal.  For me, art is the tool to express my inner self, my emotions and thoughts.  Nonetheless, I would love to hear your thoughts.   Art changes and gets a new meaning through the viewer.  Art  is a reflection, as well as a tool to communicate and interact. 

So let me hear your voice!


Kris




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
film/ photo/ graphic art work by kristina schirmer
Reproduction of these images is prohibited by copyright laws and international conventions without the express written permission of the copyright holder. 
© 1999 - 2014 mr uxn design - kristina schirmer. All rights reserved.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment